Everybody is aware of the importance of keeping our body healthy but not everybody understands the importance of maintaining a healthy mind. Only recently the value of a healthy mind is being given a little importance and mental health illnesses are taken more seriously.
As the brain is one of the most important parts of the body and illness within it can be very harmful. Mental health illnesses or psychiatric disorders are conditions that affect your mood, thinking, and behavior. If you have any kinds of mental health concerns or disorders you should visit a neuro psychiatrist in Siliguri.
Mental health disorders affect your brain and your emotions which can hamper your ability to function. A psychiatrist helps treat these disorders at early stages before they can cause any vital damage to your brain and your ability to go through day-to-day life.
They help treat a lot of things including brain injuries and mental illnesses that can come from those injuries. Given below are 4 disorders treated a neuropsychiatrist can help you with:
- Depressive disorder – is a mood disorder that causes extreme feelings of sadness, loss of enjoyment in any activity or hobby, and loss of motivation to do anything.
- Anxiety disorder – causes the person to persistently and excessively worry which affects their ability to function normally in day-to-day life.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder – can include a pattern of unwanted thoughts and fears which can lead to repetitive behavior while also causing stress.
- Trauma-related disorders – are disorders that are caused by traumatic events and can include many different disorders and other problems.
These disorders can get worse with time and become a huge problem when left unchecked and untreated. A neurophysiatrist provides treatments for neuropsychiatric disorders which can include a wide range of conditions from both neurology and psychiatry.
Mental health concerns are very common and it affects a lot of people in this country with about 14% of India's population requiring help due to severe issues. You can experience some common mental health concerns from time to time which may not be immediately harmful but it is recommended you visit a psychiatrist for an expert diagnosis.
Symptoms of mental disorders can vary depending on many factors and sometimes symptoms can only be observed when it gets severe. Some of the common signs and symptoms that you may have a mental illness can include:
- Feeling extremely sad
- Unable to focus or concentrate
- Mood changes on an extreme level
- Feeling withdrawn from everybody
- Low energy
- Problems with addiction
- Detachment from reality
- Inability to cope with any problems
- Changes in eating habits
- Excessive emotions including anger and violent thoughts
- Inability to understand other people
Having any of these symptoms for longer periods can mean that you might have a mental condition and it is recommended that you pay a visit to a neuro psychiatrist in Siliguri to get a good diagnosis, treatment, and expert advice. Letting these disorders go unchecked and untreated can lead to extreme problems in life and the loss of enjoyment in living.